Tutor: Irene Blanck
Time: 10.30 am - 3.30 pm
Cost: $60 per class
This class focuses on needleturn appliqué taught in a simple easy-to understand way whilst having FUN in the process. Learn that needleturn appliqué need not be difficult – it should be relaxing and fun – and this class will prove that to you!
This method of needleturn teaches you how to glue all pieces onto backgrounds, making it a perfect quilt to have “on the go” – pick up and put down at any time – without having to worry about placement of pieces.
The class covers:
· Prep your work using a light box
· Needleturn appliqué particularly how to sew points
· Easy way to make multiple circles
· How to glue all pieces onto the background and make the block portable
· Choosing fabric and mixing and matching fabric and being confident with fabric choices.
· How to make multiple circles (I LOVE circles!)
· English paper piecing
You can work on any of Irene's applique patterns in the class, including her new release Spring Fever, which are all available to be purchased at The Quilt Shop. Bring your own lunch and feel free to use our kitchen facilities. Bookings are essential. Full payment is required when booking.